Why you need data to be protected?
Why you need data to be made high available?
What to look for data protection and high availability?
Planning for Data Protection
When planning for data protection, it is vital to understand the business requirement of the organization. For Example, how long can the organization survive the operation without the data? can the business process be run with manually ? How to switch back when the data becomes available? This is called Recovery Time Objective (RTO)
An analyzing of data in a typical organization
- Central user authentication system
- Email system for internal and external messaging.
- Database to house the ERP, Accounting, manufacturing, store and HR system
- Central file repository for user created data
- Various application servers