Tandy Electronics Terms of Service (Last Rev. 03/30/2021).
Backups and Data Loss
Once a week the client’s website is backed up onsite by the hosting provider. The data is overwritten during the backup process. Though the service provider backs up the files, it is the client’s responsibility to safely keep a back up of the files. The hosting provider uses the backup files only if there was a hardware error on his part and the service provider will not restore files. Please note, that we do not support disaster recovery. It is the client’s responsibility to keep a back up of his/her files, and if the files are deleted or corrupted due to any disaster situation the client can upload the backup files. You are responsible for your backups and web content. We create our own weekly backups of shared servers, and we can restore your web, email and database content from those per your request. However, this is NOT a procedure you should rely on to keep copies of your content safe; we recommend you make your own backups. Our backups are made every week on a random day, and only the newest backups are kept. We make no guarantees about our weekly backups,.
Once a client pays for a hosting account, he will receive a welcome email from the service provider. The welcome email will consist of all login information. The client’s responsibility is to change the given password and save the login information on his computer and most importantly to keep a backup. If by any chance the website is hacked, it is not our responsibility.
If the client does not require our services, the client must inform us in writing in order to cancel the Hosting account
The client agrees to do the billing payments in time, but if the client does not do the payments during the given time period, or if the client violates our terms and conditions, the service provider has the right to terminate the agreement and shut down the client’s website.
If the client wants to host his/her website on our servers, the client cannot use images and content on child pornography, on advise of legal matters, political views and news. There should be no content or material that helps to put a country or religion on risk. Unacceptable material on our servers include without limitation:
- IRC Scripts/Bots
- IRCD (irc servers)
- Proxy Scripts/Anonymizers
- Image Hosting Scripts (similar to Photobucket or Tinypic)
- AutoSurf/PTC/PTS/PPC sites
- IP Scanners
- Bruteforce Programs/Scripts/Applications
- Mail Bombers/Spam Scripts
- Banner-Ad services (commercial banner ad rotation)
- File Dump/Mirror Scripts (similar to rapidshare)
- Commercial Audio Streaming (more than one or two streams)
- Escrow/Bank Debentures
- High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or Related Sites
- Investment Sites (FOREX, E-Gold Exchange, Second Life/Linden Exchange, Ponzi, MLM/Pyramid Scheme)
- Sale or distribution of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s)
- Prime Banks Programs
- Lottery/Gambling Sites
- Hacker focused sites/archives/programs
- Sites promoting illegal activities
- Forums and/or websites that distribute or link to warez/pirated/illegal content
- Bank Debentures/Bank Debenture Trading Programs
- Fraudulent Sites (Including, but not limited to sites listed at aa419.org & escrow-fraud.com)
- Mailer Pro
- Push button mail scripts
- Broadcast or Streaming of Live Sporting Events (UFC, NASCAR, FIFA, NFL, MLB, NBA, WWE, WWF, etc)
- Tell A Friend Scripts
- Anonymous or Bulk SMS Gateways
- Bitcoin Miners
- PayDay Loan Sites (including any site related to PayDay loans, PayDay loan affiliate progams, etc)
- obscene speech
- promoting violence or injury
- using defamatory, threatening or abusive language
- gambling, or similar activities such as HYIP (High Yield Investment Programs), Ponzi schemes or pyramid schemes
- online pharmacies
- violations of U.S. export control laws
- violation of intellectual property rights of others
- forging, misrepresenting, omitting or deleting message headers, return mailing information, or internet protocol addresses to conceal or misidentify the origin of a message
- creating or sending Internet viruses, worms or Trojan horses, flood or mail bombs, or engaging in denial of service attacks
- hacking, and/or subverting, or assisting others in subverting, the security or integrity of eTandy services or systems
- acting in any manner that might subject us to unfavourable regulatory action, any liability for any reason, or adversely affect our public image, reputation or goodwill, as determined by us in our sole and exclusive discretion
- soliciting the performance of any illegal activity, even if the activity itself is not performed
- directly facilitating violation of a law or regulation and/or instructing others in prohibited activities
Economy Class Hosting
The maximum limit of outgoing emails for a domain in 350 per hour. If the client goes off limit, his/her website will be shut down and the hosting account terminated with or without further notice. There is also a limit for processor utilization.
Business Class Hosting
There is a 500 outgoing email hourly limit per domain. This limit is also applied towards Mailman. If you send over this amount in any hour, most of the e-mails will bounce back with an undeliverable error. If this occurs, it will then take some time for your account to be able to send again so we recommend waiting at least 1 hour after this issue occurs to begin sending email again. Many of our servers have a limit of 30 POP3/IMAP checks per hour per each user’s connecting IP address. If you go over this you’re likely to get a wrong password error message or an error stating “login incorrect”. If this occurs, please wait an hour and it will automatically unblock you. To prevent this from happening again, please make sure to disable auto checking or at least set it to something higher such as once every 10 minutes
Billing and Payment Information
All invoices must be paid within ten (10) days of the invoice due date. Any invoice that is outstanding for more than ten (10) days may result in the suspension or termination of Services. Access to the account will not be restored until payment has been received. If you fail to pay the fees as specified herein, eTandyr may suspend or terminate your account and pursue the collection costs incurred by eTandy, including without limitation, any arbitration and legal fees, and reasonable attorneys’ fees. eTandy will not activate new orders or activate new packages for customers who have an outstanding balance on their account.
We will take necessary steps to register domain names on your behalf when requested. However, you are responsible for renewing your domain names. We do not take responsibility for failing to renew domain names. If your domain name was registered by us, you must check and take appropriate actions to renew your domain when it is about to expire. We do not handle renewals unless you send, within 7 days prior to its expiration, a ticket to our helpdesk.
It is solely your responsibility to notify eTandy Billing department after purchasing a domain. Domain renewal notices are provided as a courtesy reminder and etandy is not responsible for a failure to renew a domain or a failure to notify a customer about a domain’s renewal. Domain renewals are billed and renewed thirty (30) days before the renew date.
There are no refunds on Domain registration/ Domain renewal and Web Hosting services. The forty-five (45) day money- back guarantee does not apply to all services
You may notice that, we do not visit the client’s location to collect our payments. Our payment methods are stated below;
- The client can write a cheque under the name “Tandy Electronics” and post or handed over to our head office.
- The client can also request for our Bank account details and deposit the payment to our bank account as a manual transaction or via online fund transfer
Tandy Electonics may terminate your access to the Services, in whole or in part, without notice in the event that: (i) you fail to pay any fees due; (ii) you violate this Agreement; (iii) your conduct may harm Tandy Electronics or others or cause Tandy Electronics or others to incur liability, as determined by Tandy Electronics in our sole discretion; or (iv) as otherwise specified in this Agreement. In such event, Tandy Electronics shall not refund to you any fees paid in advance of such termination, and you shall be obligated to pay all fees and charges accrued prior to the effectiveness of such termination. Additionally, Tandy Electronics may charge you for all fees due for the Services for the remaining portion of the then current term. UPON TERMINATION OF THE SERVICES FOR ANY REASON, USER CONTENT, USER WEBSITES, AND OTHER DATA WILL BE DELETED.
Internet radio station Video hosting and live streaming video services
Shared hosting space may only be used for web files, active email and content of User Websites. Shared hosting space may not be used for storage (whether of media, emails, or other data), including, as offsite storage of electronic files, email or FTP hosts.
Economy Class Hosting
We allow a maximum of 25% CPU usage limit. You may exceed this limit for no longer than 90 seconds.
Economy Class Hosting
It is unlikely that you hit the 25% CPU usage. Unless your site is script intensive and requires more processing.
We allow a maximum of 25% CPU usage limit. You may exceed this limit for no longer than 90 seconds
If your shared or reseller server has a physical downtime that falls short of the 99.9% uptime guarantee This uptime guarantee does not apply to planned maintenance Third party monitoring service reports may not be used for justification due to a variety of factors including the monitor’s network capacity/transit availability. The uptime of the server is defined as the reported uptime from the operating system and the Apache Web Server which may differ from the uptime reported by other individual services. Uptime guarantees only apply to shared Hosting solutions. Dedicated servers are covered by a network guarantee in which the credit is prorated for the amount of time the server is down which is not related to our uptime guarantee.
Tandy Electronics reserves the right to change prices or any other charges at any time. We will provide you with at least thirty (30) days notice before charging you with any price change on any annual or longer term plans. It is your sole responsibility to periodically review billing information provided by Tandy Electronics through the user billing tool or through other methods of communication, including notices sent or posted by Tandy Electronics.
On occasion, we may need to communicate with you by email about issues related to billing, service changes, additions and modifications to our network. It is your responsibility to provide us with a working, monitored, email address, and to update us on any changes to your account or contact information. We have no responsibility for communications misdirected as a result of your failure to provide us with correct contact information.